Friday, August 14, 2009

No End in Sight

This week, I was really excited about going to the orthodontist.  Dr. U had taken molds of the teeth 2 weeks ago and I was supposed to get the update.  Now, the little spacers had been put in last time and I knew that was probably not a good thing!  Now, I know that it wasn't a good thing.

Instead of having any idea of what was going on, I was instead disappointed to learn that I had to not only get the molar bands on the last 3 teeth that were metal-free, but I also had to create some gaps in my upper teeth.  I was nervous that I was going to be some gap-toothed hillbilly.  So, so not me!

_gimages_HillbillyTeeth.jpg


He has assured me that I won't look any different and the gaps will be barely noticeable!  Here's to hoping...
I got my next appointment in a month and then I will get another wire adjustment and new rubberbands.  But, the powerchain is gone for now.
In October, I will have molds done again, so probably looking at surgery in November which will be almost exactly a year, as predicted!

No comments: